Thursday, December 4, 2008

P90X Day 89: Core Synergistics

89 Days down .... 1 to go!

Woke up this morning and had a strawberry whey protein shake (46g) and a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter. Snacked on a protein bar and had a chef salad for lunch. I had another protein bar and some celery for my midday snack and 2 more scoops of whey protein immediately after my workout followed by lean beef kabobs with broccoli. I ran out of bananas yesterday and forgot to buy more so I didn't have any fruit today, but other than that another solid nutrition day

Core Syn was awesome again today. My HRM monitor said I burned 456 cals! I literally almost puked during Superman-Bananas today -- I focused on keeping my legs and arms as straight as possible and the ab strain was remarkable! One bad thing happened - I seemed to have strained my right groin a little during the lung/kickback/curl/press move. I was in the last 15 seconds and I was trying to go as deep as possible. I was holding 10 lbs weights and I stumbled a little and felt the "ting" in the groin. It was not a real bad strain but it still hurt a little. I am glad that this happened on day 89 and not earlier in the workout!

The good news is that some rest days are on the way. I will be starting P90X + (plus) on December 15th and my body could use some rest!!!! My shoulder is still pretty sore and now my groin is sore so the "downtime" will do some good.

I plan tomorrow to post my 90 day pics and to also give a recap/review of the entire program. Possibly tomorrow or Saturday I will do the fit test again and post the results compared to my pre-P90X results -- I am excited to see the gains.

Tomorrow is Yoga.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to here of the injury. If you have been reading some of my blog posts, I recently injured the same area a few weeks ago. You can expect a little soreness for the first 3-4 days and then after that I just noticed that when it was my back leg in a lunge it was very tight. It has all but healed up now with the exception of it still being kind of tight. So no major down time....So the last day coming up!!!! BRING IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a big deal..Already feels better this morning. I am going to do the yoga and then post my pics.

    ReplyDelete