Sunday, December 21, 2008

P90X PLUS Day 6: Kenpo PLUS

Today was my first go-round with Kenpo X Plus! I had a great time doing it. The DVD was only 42 minutes long but I burned 488 calories and my average heart rate was like 150. It was a lot like the original Kenpo in P90X except on steroids!

There was a lot of lateral movement which let me really get into the workout. And I have a new favorite move in the PLUS series ... it is called "The Gladiator" --- You jump and then swing your left knee up and then you kick with the other leg. As you land you smash punch into the ground. You do this for 30 seconds and then do it from the other side. I was letting out loud "grunts" while doing this one and had a really good time! I was absolutely soaking wet with sweat when I finished. The only minor issue I had today was that it took me a little time to figure out some of the moves. I had to watch the Gladiator for like 20 secs before I understood what the hell Tony was doing?? But as the program moves forward that will no longer be an issue and I will probably appreciate the pace of the program and not get bored at all. Actually the entire PLUS system is much faster paced then P90X! Also, I still had a ton of energy after Kenpo so I decided to do Ab Ripper X. This is the first time that I have done ARX since I finished P90X and I actually forgot just how beautiful it was!!! Fifer's scissors almost made me throw up and I only made it to 30 reps in the mason twists. I really missed ARX and it did its normal bang up job on me today!

I had an interesting nutrition day! Last night was Annie's birthday so we didn't get home to 3am. I only had a couple of drinks so I did good but we didn't get out of bed until 11am -- and it was glorious!!! So, we had a brunch. I made egg whites, turkey sausage, a whole wheat bagel, and a Protein Shake. More calories than I usually like in one sitting but I was starving. I had a protein bar and an apple around 2:30 and then I did Kenpo. After Kenpo I had the Wheybolic Extreme 60 recovery drink and we were going to a friends for dinner. I had another protein bar on the drive to their house and for dinner I had grilled Chicken Marsala's with veggies and a salad. So, I only got in 4 meals but I estimated my calories to be about 2200-2300 (wasn't sure about dinner since I didn't make it). Not a bad day but probably 3 out of 5 stars, but the extra sleep was sooooo worth it!

Tomorrow is going to be a day of football. I am downright giddy about the Pittsburgh @ Tennesse game.... I can barely contain my excitement and have been talking about it all week!! So I am going to a buddies to watch TV all day and luckily it is the scheduled rest day so it works out great!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Jeff - Thank you for doing this blog my husband and me have just got the P90x and are going to start for our New Years resolution. You have helped nspire us to change our lives. Keep up your wonderful blog and good luck the the p90x +.

    Sandie and Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandie ... Good Luck with P90X. Stop back and let me know how you guys are doing?

    ReplyDelete