Thursday, February 19, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 32: Yoga X Cardio X

So today was supposed to be Yoga and for once I wanted to do it. Unfortunately, a long day at work and some typical awful Houston traffic didn't allow me to start my workout until 9pm tonight. Usually this would not be a big deal but I have another early morning scheduled tomorrow so after this post it is bedtime!

The good news is that despite not having my usual optimistic pre-workout vigor, I had a great Cardio X session tonight. The yoga portion was tight, plyo was explosive, and core was powerful. In the 42 minutes it takes to do Cardio I burned 425 calories and got one heck of a sweat going! The steam engines were probably the hardest move for me to complete tonight. I was starting to putter out around 40 reps but found something extra to make it to 50!

My eating was a little off today. I got up around 5:30am and took my Nitrix tablets. These tablets are to be taken on an empty stomach and you need to wait at least a 1/2 hour to eat after taking them. So, I jumped on my laptop and started doing work. Two hours later and still no breakfast, I realized I was going to be late for my first appointment and had to jump in the shower and leave and did not have time for a protein shake and bagel. I grabbed a protein bar on the way and a little later stopped at a Smoothie King and got a 45G Gladiator Protein Smoothie. It was pretty much lunch because it really filled me up. Later on I had a Balance Bar and an Atkins Protein drink. For dinner we had chicken breasts cooked in Sesame Ginger Sauce (nutrition guide suggestion) with multi-grain shells. I had some carrots and apple slices for dessert. I was a little low on my calories today and I think that is part of the reason my energy was a somewhat low at the beginning of my workout. Not a perfect day but still pretty decent! Sometimes life makes it very difficult to follow the nutrition plan but all you can do is your best.

Tomorrow is the always tough Legs & Back and I can't wait to jump on the pull-up bar!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about having tight schedules and P90X. Tomorrow I have a tight schedule and all that has been on my mind all day was how to get my workout done!

    I have yet to try cardio x! By your description of cardio x in your post, it sounds like you had a pretty decent workout.

    Take care,
    Boomer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without going into too much detail, I will be forced to miss next Tuesdays workout (Plyo X)...and my usual nutritional diet is being replaced by two days of clear liquids (Sunday and Monday), then nothing at all Tuesday morning. I won't be able to eat anything "normal" until Tuesday afternoon. Not sure if this qualifies me to extend my last Phase 2 week another week, because I love Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and Plyo X. But it will quite difficult to complete C/S/T on virtually, an empty stomach.

    Have you ever been there, when you couldn't adhere to the nutritional and workout schedule for two days? Do you think that qualifies me to extend Phase 2 by one week, then into Phase 2 recovery week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boomer, Cardio X is a combination of Yoga, Plyo and Core Syn. A very crisp, fast workout - You'll enjoy it!

    Steve,

    Thats a though one. You could always extend but you could also maybe double up on Yoga day and skip your usual off/stretch x day and continue on schedule. It sounds like your going to be on a liquid diet which is still much better than a junk food one!

    Good luck with it and let us know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete