Thursday, February 26, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 39: Yoga X

Yoga Day!!!

This morning I had a little trouble waking up. Which is different because I am one of those annoying morning people (I know ...feel free to stop reading now!). My wife can't stand me in the morning because she is the exact opposite of the morning person. I have learned to not even talk to her until she has had coffee! But not me -- I am bouncing off walls as soon as I wake up. But ever since I started Cell Mass and Nitrix I have struggled to get going. If that is the only side effect from these supplements that is okay because they are pretty awesome otherwise.

So, after shaking off the sleep I made a Whey Protein shake and as it was blending I jumped on the scale: 160.4 lbs. Still dropping. Jumped in the car for a long day of appointments. In my cooler I packed: Two Protein Bars, one Atkins Protein drink, sliced chicken with one whole wheat bread slice for lunch, some apple slices, and a half gallon of water. Just enough to get me through the day!

Once I made it home I took my pre-workout tablets with some Cell Mass and went upstairs to do Yoga. I turned off my blackberry, turned off the overhead light, gave the dogs kongs with peanut butter, and tried to focus on just doing Yoga for 92 minutes. No distractions, only Yoga. Well, it worked out pretty good. I put my HRM on and ended up burning 325 calories. The truth is I only made it about 89 minutes because I skipped the chant/oman/moan/whatever crap. As hard as I try that just isn't me!

So, overall a very solid day. Got through Yoga. Ate clean, only about 10% carbs. I just finished up with dinner which was grilled chicken breasts and steamed veggies followed by an apple. I am in one of those phases were I am grilling everything. I love my grill. When I first started P90X and saw in the nutrition guide that "Grilled" was an acceptable way to cook I knew this program was for me!

This reminds me, I have been getting a lot of questions about the P90X Nutrition Plan so Sunday's Mailbag is going to be about just that. If you are wondering what to eat tune back in Sunday night!

Tomorrow is Legs & Back!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

8 comments:

  1. Hmm... I never thought about using my HRM while doing yoga. I had no idea you could burn that many calories during yoga x.

    Btw, do you have a stove top grill or a portable? If you have a portable, what kind is it?

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you...the chants, ohms and whatever ain't my style either. I shut her down when the corpse pose begins. No need to feign death after doing Yoga.

    Have fun with Legs and Back tonite. I rocked on them this morning and the Sneaky lunges AND the iso-toll rolls were burners. Love it! I'm starting to see cuts in my calves that weren't there in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boomer, i got a uniflame stainless steel propane grill now. I get a new one about everyother year and they keep getting bigger! I love charcoal but the propane is more time efficient. I also have a charcoal smoker that I like to use on the weekend -- it usually takes 4 to 6 hours with the smoker. Lately, I have been grilling a bunch of chicken breasts and sticking them in the fridge. Then I can toss them on salads or reheat for lunch and dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve,

    That is funny as hell. Most of us guys just aren't into the "spirituallity" of yoga!

    Man, you are so right about the definition in the legs. After my first round I had new muscle definition on my shins?? P90X is a spectacular leg workout and it probably doesn't get said enough!

    How you doing with weight loss?
    Seeing good results?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hovering around 165 - 166, which is 7-lbs lighter than I was when I started P90X on January 12th. I dropped that pretty quick after starting too.

    I was already fairly fit headed into the program, but now I'm putting on muscle mass and getting definition around the abs. Like I said earlier on your blog, I wish I had taken pix when I started.

    Hey, watch the very end of Legs and Back tonite...ever notice that "Chiclet Dentist" girl (can't remember her name) lets go of her bands and they smack Tony in the face? How many times have I done L&B and I just noticed that for the first time this morning! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol.. I have noticed that. Pretty funny. She is smoking hot too. I think Tony was a little hard on her during the workout, Dreya is his favorite.

    wow..this is what we notice after seeing these vidoe a gazillion times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm putting on muscle mass and getting definition around the abs. Like I said earlier on your blog, I wish I had taken pix when I started.

    yoga

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get a new one about everyother year and they keep getting bigger! I love charcoal but the propane is more time efficient. I also have a charcoal smoker that I like to use on the weekend -- it usually takes 4 to 6 hours with the smoker.


    Women's Health

    ReplyDelete