Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Triathlon Training Day 4: Rest Day (maybe)

Mark it down, April 23rd is the first 90 degree plus day of the year. Seems pretty early to me!

Today is supposed to be my rest day but I am getting the urge to go ride my bike. Tuesday was a not so intense cycle and I really want to get out there and push myself. If it begins to cool off some I might jump on the bike around 7pm.

Also, something different. On Monday this Blog recorded its 10,000th visitor! I stuck a statcounter on the blog after I finished my first round of P90X so it is probably more than 10,000! I do not really check the stats all that often since I don't have ads or anything on the site but I found it sort of cool that over 10,000 visitors have come to this site. In the blogisphere I do not know if this is a lot of visitors or not but it makes me feel good that I might be helping to motivate others achieve their fitness goals.

So, Thanks to everyone for reading and giving me the motivation to keep writing!

Jeff

***UPDATE***
Okay so I went for a Bike ride. It was a little short-lived because after 6 miles my front tire had a blow out! It was loud too -- sounded like a shotgun going off. Darn near made me wreck. The good news was that I was a street over from my house when it happened! It would have sucked if I was 4 miles away! I am not real thrilled with the tires/tubes on my bike. They seem to pinch in the rims and the online reviews said the tires were below average. Hopefully on Friday I will have some time to run down to the local Bike shop and either get a better tires or stronger rim?

Tomorrow morning Annie and I are going to get up early and get a run in and then in the evening I will do Shoulders and Arms!

7 comments:

  1. Bummer about the tire. Its funny that we both got blow outs within a week of each other.

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog for just a little over a week now. I am on day 38 of my first round of P90x and I am loving it. I think I have read every single one of your posts. You have inspired me to keep pushing play. You are lucky to have a family as supportive as you do. My husband said he would do it with me and so far he has done 3 out of the 38 days. He says he will never follow the nut plan and my parents think my eating healthy is crazy! So I just wanted to say thank you for your blog and to keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boomer - I am beginning to think we have quite a few flat ties in our future! Especially with the amount of riding we are both doing!

    Picked up the "Total Immersion" book. looking forward to juming into it -- hopefully I can get through it all by the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p90xextreme mama -
    Congrats on battling through 38 days! And sorry that most of my posts are so long winded - that's a lot of reading in a weeks time ...lol!

    Don't worry about the support. A lot of my friends called me crazy in the beginning and now they are doing P90X! Find the support where you can - blogs, beachbodies message boards ..etc. If you ever need a "kick in the butt" or a "pick me up" drop a comment and we will help you out here! Your fellow P90Xers know what you are going through!

    Also, the best part for you will be when the people who are calling you crazy start asking you questions about the program and then eventually start doing it themselves. This will happen, trust me on that! Especially after about the 60 day mark when your results start to become very noticeable and you are fitting into clothes that you haven't worn in years! Just keep pushing play and eating clean and your results will be all the motivation you need!

    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I talked to a cyclist friend of mine and he said he got 5 flats in one day!

    Btw, my flat was silent. Did you stem pop?

    I hope that Total Immersion book helps us out. Lord knows I could use all the help I can get!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five flats in one day stinks; on one ride I had, I had to veer off the road onto the shoulder into some "shake and bake" (broken asphalt, glass, metal...etc). I had 7 holes in one tire with 6 patches in my kit. I kept finding a hole, patching it, pumping it...then hearing the 'hissss' yet again. I ended up cutting a patch in half but the adhesive didn't hold it. So I walked my bike, in bike cleats, five miles to my car. This was before the days of cellphones the size of credit cards, so I couldn't call anyone. But talk about a calf workout...I was sore for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boomer - Yep the stem popped! I didn't even notice until I saw your post and went out and looked!

    Not a good time!

    Steve,
    That is one bad ride there my friend! I can imagine you were muttering a few choice words along the push back to the car!

    ReplyDelete