Tuesday, August 18, 2009

P90X Hybrid Day 11: 9 Mile Bike Ride

Yes, I brought my new bike home today!

This thing is a freaking rocket - I had it up to 28 mph in my neighborhood on a straight away and the wind was in my face! On my old Schwinn road bike at the same piece of road I could get it up to maybe 22mph if the wind was at my back. And the aero bars make such a difference. They really let you get your legs into the stroke and just hammer as do having the clipless pedals. These two features are just great.

I cannot wait to go take it out on the bike route in Huffman!

Anyways I only got in 9 miles today because of lightening. We had some much needed storm showers all through the day and I was hopeful they were done by the time I got home. But they were not so I had to hustle back to the garage! According to my Garmin I still burned 300 calories so not a bad workout.

Tomorrow is the always brutal Legs & Back.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

6 comments:

  1. You get what you pay for ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow!!! That is amazing. I can't wait until I am done with all this marathon foolishness and get back to triathlon training. At that point I will get my new tri bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's no wonder cyclists have the best legs. Calves, quads, hammies, all getting involved. Keep going Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, I was just rolling around my cul-de-sac and one of my neighbors pulled up next to me in his car and I clipped out my left foot and leaned right!! HELLO Pavement!! As any good neighbor would do he immediately began laughing as hard as he could as did I. I am sure this is going to be the first of many clip incidents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFLOL!!!

    Jeff, that's hilarious! But the most important thing is: DID YOU SCRATCH YOUR BIKE?

    ...oh man, I'm still laughing at that one!

    I trust you're OK though, no broken collar bones and such..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry the bike landed softly on the uncoordinated spaz who was flailing about below!!

    I was fine. It was more of a slow slump as opposed to a violent fall. As I was going down I tried to fight it the entire way and it probably looked like it was in slow motion!

    ReplyDelete