Friday, August 28, 2009

P90X Hybrid Day 20 & 21: 5 Mile Run + Rest Day + One Year Anniversary of the Carrot

It has been One Full Year and 321 posts since I began blogging about P90X and my fitness journey. In that time I have done P90X (2.5 times) and P90X Plus. I've completed a Triathlon and went Running with the Bulls. Both my nutrition and lifestyle has gone from extremely poor to extremely clean. And as a result I have spent more money on new clothes this year then probably the last ten years combined - this is a good thing! I may be a year older but feel many years younger. Thank you Beachbodies and Tony Horton because without you none of the above would have been possible.

Another big THANK YOU goes out to everyone who has read and commented on the Carrot over the year. I could not have continued without all of the support and encouragement from you. And hopefully the Carrot has helped some of you on your own fitness endeavours because if it has it is all worth it!

..................................................................................

Yesterday I completely forgot to post! Annie got the AMC show "Mad Men" Season One on DVD (pretty decent so far) so we ate and started watching and next thing I know I was sound asleep

Yesterday was a good run. It is still Africa hot here in Houston so to the treadmill again it was! The treadmill for 5 miles is usually just awful but yesterday was okay. First off I am still listening to an audiobook on my iPod and then at about mile 2.5 some Pace Booty jumped on the treadmill directly in front of me so that provided the rest of the motivation I needed to finish.

End result was 5 miles even at 44:35 seconds. Right at a 9 minute mile.

Now I need to start making some decisions about my running. The highest my HR got up to yesterday was 155 BPM, the average was 148 BPM. That is extremely low and is a good sign that I have a built up a decent base. It has been this way for the last couple of weeks. Also, I checked my resting heart rate on Wednesday night just to see where it is right now. When I began P90X about a year ago it was at 74 BPM, on Wednesday it was 46 BPM. I am thinking that I can start to try and Bring It some more on the runs. If any of you runners have any advice I'd really appreciate hearing it!

Today is the last day of Week 3 of my Hybrid P90X workout. It is my scheduled rest day and I am debating on whether or not to take it. Despite doing Legs & Back on Wednesday and Running last night my legs are feeling reasonably fresh. I'm considering waiting for the sun to set and go hit the road for a few miles on the bike. But tomorrow I am going to run 5 miles with Annie in the morning so I don't want to overdo it.

We shall see ...

Tomorrow is a 5 Mi Run in the morning and then the beginning of the Week 4 Recovery week. Well, my body really is not that in need of a recovery week so I am going to do a repeat of weeks 1-3 and do Chest & Back in the afternoon. I am enjoying lifting weights again and really just don't feel the need to take a recovery week. If I start to tire at the end of the week then I will relax for a couple of days but until that happens it is full steam ahead.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

4 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats on Carrot's one year of inspirational posting. Your site has been extremely helpful for me. I actually feed off of it to keep me motivated. So "thank you"!

    Hey, your running is incredibly good. You are a natural. 46 bpm resting HR is very good. I am only at 52 bpm. If I could run at your pace, I would be super happy. It takes me about 53 minutes to do 5 miles on a good day. By your stats, you are definitely ready to take it to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also enjoyed your posts, Jeff. It keeps me motivated to meet and exceed my own fitness goals, even though we may not be doing the same activities. Congrats on one year!

    Oh yeah, I like your "Biloxi Blues" shoutout too. Great flick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Boomer - I am thinking about adding some hard anaerobic runs but still need to maintain the base as well. Annie has her long days on Saturdays and I am enjoying running with her so I might just make that one of my double days and keep building up the base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steve, thanks man! I figured you would have caught that reference! Hope you got a chuckle out of it!

    ReplyDelete