Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday Rest Day

I was unable to do the 15 mile run today. My legs just did not have it in them this morning. Yesterday's race took more out of me than I guessed it would and my ambitious plan of doing 15 miles today got axed. I was thinking about it and for the 46 mins of the 10k yesterday my average HR was 181 bpm! That is an extremely long time to be in the anaerobic zone so that is probably why my legs need a little recovery time. Just as a comparison, when I run at a 9 minute pace, even on the long runs my Average HR is usually around 137-142.

I updated my training calender with the rest of the Hal Higdon program. My final long run before I begin my Tri training program will be 20 miles so I have a cool goal to work towards!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand the decision. After your 10k at race pace, it is tough to get up for a 15 miler.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you guys are amazing. First, Boomer puts 15-miles on a bum knee, and you want to follow a 10K with a 15-miler? Yikes!

    I did enjoy reading your race recap. A hearty congratulations on your personal record AND placing 37th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steve - the race was fun and I think I might like this running stuff after all!

    ReplyDelete