Sunday, April 4, 2010

100 Push Up Challenge ... Week 3

We are starting Week 3 of the 100 Push Up Challenge.  If you have made it this far give yourself a big old fist pump.  Maybe a little Woot-Woot!  You have earned it!  Personally I am seeing some nice improvements in my guns.  This program is hard but we are all doing it!

Ok, now that you have completed 2 weeks you are supposed to do an exhaustion test and make a note of how many you do and this is your new max number.  Use this number to choose your Week 3 column.  Here is what the 100 Push Up people say:

Don't forget, now you've completed Week 2, it's time to take an exhaustion test. Perform as many good-form push ups as you can manage before you physically can't do another one. Make a note of how many push ups you complete, and move on to Week 3. Hope you're ready for the next level!

Here is what the Week 3 Schedule looks like:


I am going to move into Week 4 instead of repeating Week 3 again.  I am ready for the bigger numbers.

Also, I am thinking about doing a max rep test in the next couple of minutes just to see how I do.  I'll post the results if I end up doing that.

Have a great week everyone!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

10 comments:

  1. This week looks hard! Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is getting hard for me, especially, with my last week in India...too much spicy food! lol


    Cheers from Hong Kong!

    "XTB" Xavi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the "exhaustion test" last night and did 56. Quite the gain from my week one fit test of 41!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm encouraged that I didn't get as sore last week when I did my 58 than when I eeked out 52 my first week. I hope to break the 60 plateau by Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took a few days off to let my wrist heal up, but I am starting back on week 3 again tonight. I think everyone should have to post pictures of thier "guns" at the end..Call it the Gun Show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason I just couldn't ever get msyelf to do this challenge, but I have been working through P90X which is crazy push ups

    ReplyDelete
  7. cant tell a lie, I have backed off of the challenge. I found myself between an increase in my swim workouts, the addtion of weights to my training and 4-5 more workouts a week than the start of the challenge.....you now where I am going. Hate to back off, but IM training is priority ad this was affecting my swim(could barely pull water at end of practice last week) still doing push ups as part of my daily strength, just not the challenge. I will be back, it is in my calendar for October!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeff, 56 PU's is awesome! That's a heck of an increase over your last total.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your push-up increase! I did my exhaustion test and made it to 26...but the last one was REALLY hard! I went from 12 to 26..yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on Week 3 of the challenge everyone. Jeff, I a at 87. I hope to get 100 soon because the challenge is tearing me up.

    ReplyDelete