Monday, August 30, 2010

All About the Abs ...

Unfortunately this is not an image of the Mrs. and me.  Nope, it is just some random pic found on google images.  However, in a few weeks months this might be us - except without the 80's looking attire - we are much more stylish then these people.

As a Triathlete having solid strength in the core is an essential component to become more efficient in our three sports.  Unfortunately with all of the time spent sharpening the skills of swim, bike, and run the abdominal area seems to get neglected.  I for one have been guilty of this so-called neglect.

So when the fine people at AmericasNutrition.com contacted me about writing a couple of reviews about some of their Fitness Products this was the perfect opportunity to make it all about the abs ....



I perused the Fitness Product Section of the AmericasNutrition.com website.   They offer tons of fitness related products from weight loss, gear, supplements, sexual health (wink,wink)and body building equipment all at extremely low prices.  I finally came across The Dual Ab Wheel:



Now this was perfect because I had been considering getting an Ab Wheel after viewing a YouTube clip by some smiley girl named Lyzbeth:


For the last week I have been doing these exercises that my new YouTube friend Lyzbeth recommends and it is taking me about 10 minutes per day.  The main reason that I was looking into using an Ab Wheel is because if used correctly, like in the video, then it drastically reduces any chance of hurting your lower back.  When I was doing P90X and hammering off Ab Ripper X three times a week my back would become very sore and now with my Triathlon training this soreness prevents me from getting in the best possible swim/bike/run workouts.  Not an issue with the Ab Wheel!

They sent me the Dual Ab Wheel and it took about 30 seconds to put together and is as easy as it looks to operate.  The best part is that this little sucker only costs $9.99.  If you are looking to add in some Ab workouts then you might want to give this a try. After one week of use I am already able to see a difference in definition in my core and more importantly my back feels great.

I'll report back in about a month and hopefully I will not need to access Google Images and just use my own abs for the next pic!

Anyone want to put together an Ab Wheel challenge with before and after pics I am down? Let me know?

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

15 comments:

  1. There will be no photos of my abs on the internet. Ever. But thanks for the really helpful review! I've actually been looking at one of those Ab Wheel things, so it's nice to hear an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Ab Wheel is awesome! I can totally feel it in my abs - it's so much more intense than a regular push-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting piece of equipment! I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep us up to date with how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, looks interesting and a better way than some of the back killing things you see now. BTW I did find images of my abs, but they were not in the healthy section, type in soft and squishy and you'll find me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered about that ab wheel thing!! Very curious! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent seen one of those in years, in my opinion is works, if done correctly, but alot has been done since then to get a solid core workout that was available to the public back when the wheel was out. it also good to run over bugs in your basement

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the ab wheel. I will be interested to see how feel about it when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. back in the days when I hit the gym, I used that roller. It was hard, but I do think it works, hope it works great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ab wheel give a good workout, but it is tough, particularly for beginners.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ewe, who would possibly want a stomach like that. It's gross. hahaha

    All kidding aside, where did you get the picture of my abs. I don't recall licensing it and need to get my legal team on the case. haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - I own that. I hat that contraption. No question it was actually made by the devil himself.

    ummmm, but it does work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do they come in various sizes? Like six pack ab wheel? If so, I need the keg belly ab wheel and can work my way thru the case ab wheel on my way to the six pack..
    Let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know i swear by and endorse tha ab wheel!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Core workouts are hopefully going to be a major part of my off season. Keep us updated on how it works!

    ReplyDelete